I’ve had this backpack (earlier model same thing) for at least 10yrs. I use it for travel with and without a camera and lenses. The zippers have finally seen their last days and I will have to get a new bag because I kind find anyone who can replace the zippers. I intend to buy this model again.
This is a quality, well made camera backpack. It has ample room for my gear, Nikon DSLR, Lenses as well as my Gopro gear. I like the ability to use both shoulder straps or one and use it as a gear slinger. I looked at several backpacks before deciding on the Tamrac Corona 26. Once I read about the material used in making the pack and I didn't have to take the pack off to access my camera I knew this was the one for me. additionally, it's a tamrac. It is big enough but not too big. I am enjoy using it everyday.
Thank you for a great well made product.
The Corona 20 surprised me even though it doesn't fit my need 100% but it's no fault of the bag.
My needs were:
1. Light weight and not the size of a suitcase
2. able to carry a 15" macbook pro and a 13” dell laptop
3. room for an DSLR with up to a 4" lens and 1 shorter lens
4. storage for 2 point and shoots
5. Panasonic HC-V770 HD camcorder
6. various other accessories.
Tough bill of goods to fill.
Fitting two laptops is very tight. Ok that covers my dislikes.
The MacBookpro 15 inch fits perfectly and with ample padding. When the Dell 13” joins the MBP it’s tight. All the accessories fit nicely.
The zippers are very sturdy. The loops on ever zipper are a nice touch. The material of the bag is very sturdy.
The pack It is narrow in stature, it’s not outrageously tall and is comfortable to wear. The pack itself is laid out nicely.
The front and side accesses to the equipment removes so much of the frustration getting to what you need. The compartment above the camera area also has ample room for all sorts of support items. The ability to accessorize the bag is also very nice.
As an instructional designer in a manufacturing facility, some of my work requires video, still and a lot of editing. The work computer is junk and is underpowered and lacks the necessary software. Being able to tote both laptops is a necessity. This bag is excellent!
Recommendations for Tamrac:
1. Make a divider system for the upper section. I would purchase this as an add on item.
2. In addition to the zippers on the side/front accesses incorporate a Velcro or magnetic strap for quick access.
3. Move or add a loop to the main bag just below the front access to secure the tripod. I watched a colleague carrying the pack where the tripod leg snagged a railing. The access panel bowed out. If the zippers weren’t secured properly the bagged would have opened, showering the floor with various items. To ensure that doesn’t happen we have tie wrapped one of the zippers to a loop
This bag is exactly what I was looking for. It feels like it holds more then it should for its smaller size. It holds my GH4 & 5DMarkIII body with 3 lenses, cards, batteries, laptop, small tripod, monitor and many more accessories. Easy access panels are great. I shoot street photography and run&gun video. This was made for my style. Highly recommended.
I replaced an older, smaller Tamrac backpack with the Corona 26, and I am thrilled with it. The pack allows me to fit all my gear into one well-constructed unit and there are several ways to access the various components. With a little foresight in organizing the contents, it makes it easy to get to any lenses or gear quickly and efficiently. A great backpack!
Want to save 15%?
Join our mailing list! You'll be emailed a discount code for your first order.